Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kim, Kanye and Kris: The Signs of the Coming of the Apocalypse

My girlfriend has recently commandeered my television remote on Sundays so that she can watch Oprah's Super Soul Sunday interviews in the morning and then the latest "Kardashian" show in the afternoon and early evening. I have come to tolerate and even appreciate Oprah's Super Soul Sunday interviews because occasionally the guests will say something that I find to be enlightening. However, lately, when the latest Kardashian show airs, I find myself cringing. Perhaps it is me, but somehow I find it deeply disturbing that a woman (Kim Kardashian) who gained fame from making a sex tape and whose latest claim to fame is having the baby of a egotistical rapper (Kanye West) while still being married to a maligned basketball star (Kris Humphries) has a primetime "reality" show on Sundays.

I wonder. Are there any boundaries of decency and morality left in America or is everything just "relative"?

No comments:

Post a Comment