Tuesday, January 22, 2013

No one imagines ...

While I was away on a business trip, Wednesday, January 16, 2013, came and went. It was a memorable day for me but the details I shall not bore you with... at least not today. What I shall note is that I was not here to turn the page on my calendar. I was back at work and did so today. And in turning the pages, I came upon the note for Wednesday, January 16, 2013 and was compelled to stop and ponder the meaning of the message contained therein. The note is a quote by Alan Watts, a gentleman I do not know but who I think I might like to know. Mr. Watts is quoted as saying:

"No one imagines that a symphony is supposed to improve as it goes along, or that the whole object of playing is to reach the finale. The point of music is discovered in every moment of playing and listening to it. It is the same, I feel, with the greater part of our lives, and if we are unduly absorbed in improving them we may forget altogether to live them."

My friends, whoever you may be, and wherever you are, it is my prayer that we too never forget to live our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment