Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Each year, I sit down at this time to review my New Year's Resolutions from the ending year and to write my New Year's Resolutions for the new year.  For the year 2014, I had 11 resolutions (or goals) and I accomplished four of them.  Undeterred by my abysmal rate of failure for 2014 [although in baseball terms four out of eleven ain't bad], for this coming year I have written 15 resolutions and in the spirit of the season I now share some of them with you.  

(1) Lose the five pounds I seem to have "found" in the last month

(2) Walk 300 "exercise" miles

(3) Do 100,000 crunches on my AB Coaster

(5) Shoot 45 for a nine hole round of golf

(9) Attend the Amherst Black Alumni Reunion in April, play a round of golf with those similarly inclined, and perform Memorial Service

(10) Attend the Amherst Class of 1975 Reunion in May and play a round of golf with those similarly inclined

(15) Do what I can to make this a kinder more gentle world

If you too make resolutions, and if you too are not afraid to share, please do share them with us.  I am curious to know what you too may have in store for the coming year.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment