Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Case for Reparations, Part One

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Happy Holy Days Everyone,

I sincerely hope that everyone is enjoying these days with family and friends.  I am happy to report that, so far, everything is going well.  I got through Hanukkah and Christmas and just finished the first day of Kwanzaa.  Now there are just six more days of Kwanzaa, New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, and the Chinese New Year, and then the Holy Days season will be over. 

I was listening to NPR today when this segment was aired:

http://www.npr.org/2014/12/26/373303761/a-short-list-of-the-best-longform-journalism-of-2014

In the segment, it notes that the best longform article for 2014 is "The Case for Reparations" by Ta-Nehisi Coates. 


Now, I have not read this article and I may be mistaken but this was the first that I can recall being made aware of this article.  However, the description of the article provided in the NPR segment has heightened my interest enough so that I am prepared to spend a bit of time this holiday weekend reading it.  Perhaps it will peak your interest as well.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment